Our Maternal/ Infant/ Child Nurse (MIC) is a highly skilled obstetrical and pediatric nurse who provides home care services to women with high-risk pregnancies, premature infants, and early maternity discharge.
Our MIC Nurse intervenes at critical junctures in a family’s life and has the opportunity to be in a setting no other member of the care team are likely to enter; the patient’s home.
Examples of MIC referrals:
- High-risk prenatal and postpartum care
- High-risk infants, including prematurity
- Infants with cardiac anomalies
- Infants with feeding problems
- Breastfeeding difficulties
- Early maternity discharge visits
- C-Section wound care
- High-risk teen moms and infants
- Infants with respiratory problems