VISITING NURSE ASSOCIATION
Flu Clinic Assistant I
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
SUPERVISES: No one
WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Community Program Coordinator, Flu Nurses, Controller, Reimbursement Specialists
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Seasonal Position August to December or January. Performs assigned flu clinic duties including coordinating volunteers, reconciling clinic reports, and data entry and billing. May also assist with annual flu clinic preparations, preparing vaccine for clinics, assisting with supply inventory, checking and restocking clinic supplies, and working at clinics as assigned.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-exempt, hourly
JOB REQUIREMENTS: High School graduate or equivalent who demonstrates the
ability to read and communicate effectively in the English language and demonstrates organizational skills required to manage multiple tasks effectively. Demonstrates knowledge of/and physical strength to perform duties as noted below. Required is a physical examination completed at the time of employment with a physician's statement of the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job. Annual TB testing is required. The employee is required to have access to a car, driver’s license and adequate insurance as outlined in the personnel policies. All offers of employment are conditioned upon the result of a criminal background check conducted by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, as required by law.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE: The employee will demonstrate strong organizational skills
and attention to detail. The employee will possess a working knowledge of basic office
equipment (i.e. multi-line phone system, computer, copier, etc.). The employee will be capable of learning the different medical supplies used at flu clinics. The employee will work cooperatively with co-workers, volunteers and the public.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND EQUIPMENT: The employee will perform the duties
of the job at the agency in an office setting or at flu clinic sites in Johnson County during the employed hours. The ambient noise level in this environment is generally low to moderate. The job requires the handling of biohazard boxes and the use of disinfectants.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE DEMANDS: The duties include the physical demands of
frequent lifting of more than 50 lbs., (boxes with supplies, files, etc), reaching, standing,
driving, and stooping with or without the use of assistive/adaptive devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: To be performed satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The following duties are normal for this position. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, it is not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned by the employer.
Data Entry and Billing
1. Review consent forms, identifies and validates payer information, and completes data entry for flu billing. Assist with training and coordinates with other VNA staff completing data entry for flu billing.
2. Complete billing entries and submits billings to Medicare, Medicaid, insurances, and companies paying privately for employee flu and pneumonia shots.
3. Perform/assist in problem-solving, client contacts, and rebilling in case of third party denials.
4. Assists the billing department with other short term projects as requested and agreed upon.
Influenza Clinic Support
5. Assist with general preparation for influenza clinics as requested by Community Program Coordinator, including assistance with copying, booklet preparation, and organization of supplies and equipment, and orientation of nurses and/or volunteers.
6. Process Clinic Reports following each clinic, including reconciliation of vaccination numbers, consents, and payment information, initial edit of consents, and collection of key statistics.
7. Enter clinic statistics in excel tracking worksheet.
8. Prepare nursing supplies, clinic support supplies and vaccine for flu clinics as needed.
9. Check in flu vaccine and supplies after clinic is completed as requested
10. Assist with supply inventory as requested
11. Make new copies of paperwork as required
12. Function as clinic clerk as needed
13. Assists with other clinic support tasks as requested.
General Office Support
14. Performs other duties as requested.
15. Follows agency policies and procedures.
My signature on this form shall acknowledge receipt of the job description for my employment with the Visiting Nurse Association.
I have read the job description to familiarize myself with general information and responsibilities. All of my current questions regarding this job description have been answered.
I understand that as part of my job responsibilities I may be assigned duties other than those currently described in my job description, including responding to an emergency event. In an emergency event, I understand my responsibilities may change.
I understand that I must be able to perform all of these job responsibilities with, or without, reasonable accommodations. I also recognize that if I need reasonable accommodations, I must inform the VNA in writing.
My signature below represents that I can perform this job with or without reasonable accommodations and am aware that I will need to participate in VNA's Emergency/Disaster Plan if an emergency event occurs.
I understand and acknowledge that any misrepresentation or false information will be considered grounds for dismissal from the VNA.
Employee Signature: ______¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬__¬¬¬¬______________ Date:_____________